Jarvis Spencer Limited Privacy notice May 2018
Our privacy notice describes the categories of personal data we process and for what purposes. We are committed to collecting and using such data fairly and in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We take privacy seriously and you can find out more here about your privacy rights and how we gather, use and share your personal information – that includes the personal information we already hold about you now and the further personal information we might collect about you either from you or from a third party. How we use your personal information will depend on the products and services we provide to you.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) provides help and guidance to make sure we apply the best standards to protecting your information. You can contact our DPO by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about how we use your personal information.
This privacy notice provides up to date information about how we use your personal information and will replace any previous information we have given you about using your personal information. If we make any changes affecting how we use your personal information, we will update on the date displayed at the top of this webpage, so please check back regularly for updates. Our website will always show the most up to date version of our privacy notice.
We are a controller of personal information we gather and use. When we say we or us in this privacy notice we mean the company Jarvis Spencer Limited which is registered with the data protection supervisory authority, The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) as data controllers.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to object to how we use your personal information. You also have the right to see what personal information we hold about you, to ask us to correct any inaccuracies and to ask for some of your personal information to be provided to someone else. In addition, when permitted by law, you can ask us to delete or restrict personal information we hold about you.
To exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact our DPO by e-mail on email@example.com
You can contact our DPO to exercise any of your other privacy rights as follows:
· Right to object – you can object to our processing of your personal information by providing details of your objection to the DPO
· Access to your personal information – you can request access to a copy of your personal information that we hold, along with information on what personal information we use, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request for access free of charge by contacting our DPO by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org Please make all requests in writing and provide us with evidence of your identity. See Proof of identity checklist – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proof-of-identity-checklist/proof-of-identity-checklist for information on documents you will need to provide
· Right to withdraw consent – if you have given us your consent to use personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time
· Rectification – you can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you
· Erasure – you can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for use to use it, you have withdrawn consent or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it
We have the right to refuse to comply with a request for erasure where the personal data is processed for one of the following reasons:
§ We need to use the information to comply with our legal obligations;
§ The exercise or defence of legal claims.
· Portability – you can ask us to provide you or a third party with some personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form so it can be easily transferred
· Restriction – you can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it
· Make a complaint – you can make a complaint about how we have used your personal information to us, by contacting our DPO by e-mail on email@example.com You can also make a complaint to the data protection supervisory, the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/
We will not make any charge for responding to any initial request from you to exercise your privacy rights and we will respond to your requests in accordance with our obligations under data protection law.
What kinds of personal information we use
We use a variety of personal information depending on the products and services we deliver to you;
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· To provide you, or permit third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where you permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
· To notify you about changes to our service; and
· To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Sometimes where we ask for your personal information it is needed to fulfil a contract with you or to meet a legal obligation and we will not be able to provide some of our products or services without that information.
How we gather your personal information
· Directly from you, for example when you fill out a consent form to receive a product or service, when you use our digital services for providing products and services where we ask you to give us related information online
· We collect certain usage information when you utilize our website such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, log files, unique device identifiers, pages viewed, browser type, any links you click on to leave or interact with our website and the products and services we offer, and other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies. For example we collect IP addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information, such as using IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate our website. We may also collect IP addresses from users when they log in to our website as part of our log in and security features
· From other organisations which hold commercially-available data such as the electoral roll and companies that collate and update data. This helps us to keep our records up to date and learn more about our customers so we can improve our products and services
· From other sources for example we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytical providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies.
We may also use CCTV on our premise ensure the safety and security of our staff and customers.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information:
· To provide our products and services, respond to queries and comments, to collaborate with others to improve our products and services and to provide you with the best level of customer service.
· To learn more about you. We’ll consolidate the information we hold about you across the different channels you use to interact with us (e.g. In store, by phone, correspondence, etc.)we do this to keep our records accurate and up to date, provide you with a seamless and consistent service and to build a clearer picture of our customers, both individually and as a group. By understanding you better we can offer you the best and most personalised service we can. However, we will only send you marketing material if you have agreed we can
· To protect our customers, our staff and our business. We may use your personal information to help prevent and detect crime. We use CCTV to record images in our stores and other facilities and if requested may pass it on to the police
Automated Decision making
We do not use any automated decision making processes.
Our legal basis for using your personal information
We only use your personal information where that is permitted by the laws that protect your privacy rights. We only use personal information where –
1. We have your consent (if consent is needed)
2. We need to use the information to perform a task carried out in the public interest.
3. We need to use the information to comply with our legal obligations
4. We need to use the information to perform a contract with you
5. It is fair to use the personal information either in our interests or someone else’s interests where there is no disadvantage to you
Special protection is given to certain kinds of personal information that is particularly sensitive. This is information about your racial or ethnic origin, religious or similar beliefs and sex life or sexual orientation. We will only use this kind of information where –
1. Required to deliver products and services to you
2. We have a legal obligation to do so (e.g. to protect vulnerable people)
3. It is necessary for us to do so to protect your vital interests (for example if you have a severe and immediate medical need whilst on our premises)
4. It is in the substantial public interest
5. You have specifically given us explicit consent to use the information
Sharing your personal information with or getting your personal information from others
We will share personal information with other organisations where we need to do to make our products and services available to you, to contact you about appropriate products and services, to meet or enforce a legal obligation or where it is fair or reasonable for us to do so. We will only share your information to the extent needed for those purposes.
Who we share your personal information with depends on the products and services we provide to you and the purposes we use your personal information for. For some products and services we will share your personal information with our service providers such as couriers, manufacturers and suppliers.
Most of the time the personal information we have about you is information you have given us, or is gathered by us in the course of providing products and services to you. We also sometimes gather personal information from and send personal information to third parties where necessary so we can fulfil our legal obligations as a provider of products and services.
Cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information. However you may, if your browser allows you to, switch them off, although please note that this may well affect the performance of the site and your own experience.
2. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
3. We use the following cookies:
a. Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping basket or make use of e-billing services.
b. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
c. Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
d. Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
4. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
td style="width: 191.4pt; border: solid windowtext 1.0pt; border-top: none; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-alt: solid win
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category information on the page that allows you to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the compare products list
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer ID with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Customer_ Segment_Ids jarvisspencer.co.uk
Stores the Customer Segment ID
External_No_ Cache jarvisspencer.co.uk
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You session ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.